Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/drsuzannemady.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a-focus-plus-faq/inc/functions.php on line 250
PRE & POST TREATMENT in an ideal situation it is prudent to follow some simple guidelines before treatment that can make all the difference between a fair result or great result, by reducing some possible side effects associated with the injections. We realize this is not always possible, however minimizing these risks is always desirable.
- Patient must be in good health with no active skin infections in the areas to be treated
- Patient should not be needle phobic
- Avoid alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment Alcohol may thin the blood which will increase the risk of bruising
- Avoid anti-inflammatory / blood thinning medications ideally, for a period of two (2) weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Vioxx, and other NSAIDS are all blood thinning and can increase the risk of bruising/swelling after injections. This is more important prior to dermal filler treatment, as fillers have a higher risk of bruising associated with their injection than Botox®
- Schedule your appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event